View Single Post
Old 07-15-2003, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Default shipping insurance

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

as Fedex. Only thing I've seen is that both will be more lenient and go well above the $500 on returns if you can show that the goods aren't one of a kind. That kind of makes it more difficult when they're one of a kind to confirm/establish value. Most cards aren't really one of a kind but if you have an Old Judge Hoss Radbourne at PSA8 or something, it's likely one of a kind........

Also, when shipping using Fedex or UPS (I work for UPS so use UPS), I always use overnight. You're going to pay more but theres less handling of the goods. Depending on the destination, ground or Second Day Air--both for UPS and for Fedex can go through numerous locations and be unloaded, sorted, and reloaded numerous times. The more times this happens, the more opportunity for damage, loss or theft to occur. I've shipped high dollar stuff routinely with no problems. I've received tons of stuff from Mastronet and all the other folks and they all use UPS. I think Mastronet has their own insurance that covers loss/damage/theft from UPS. When I consigned a large lot of cards, I shipped UPS overnight and they faxed me a rider that they took out on the shipment, so there's lots of ways to insure the goods.