View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 01:22 AM
Mike C@.v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whelenfan View Post
How do I value a "authentic" graded card? Do I disregard the authentic and give a fair assessment of what it really looks like, ala "buy the card, not the holder"? If the card looks to be an honest sgc 60 EX (other than being trimmed), is it appropriate to value it that high?
Hey Michael,

I think this can be a tricky question, but unless it's a super rare or hard to come by card, the value usually doesn't climb to "like grades". Honestly, it goes on the buyer. If you want a great looking card, but can't afford high end cardboard, finding one that's been trimmed or altered that has great appeal might be for you. Most people seem to despise authentic graded cards, but they don't bother everyone and most of the time you can get them on the cheap or at least cheaper than their unaltered counterparts.

The best way to find past sales is to check eBay and compare and also go to cardtarget.com, but that may depend on whether you are collecting a set they are currently tracking. You can also view pictures of most of their cards...so that's a bonus.

Good luck!
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48

Last edited by freakhappy; 01-16-2015 at 01:23 AM.