View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 05:12 PM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
Can be high due to breakouts particularly on a card where one grade can make it considerably more valuable.
A very good point, and Glyn may well be right on, but it just seems like a lot of breakouts and re-submissions to me. I remember when the new Beckett came out not too long after this set was issued and had a complete set valued at $100K--a bunch of us just about fainted! I do know that trying to find the McGwire (I still like the guy, for all the joy he brought to baseball) on ebay is not a difficult task, but then again, PSA has graded about 260 McGwire rookies gem mint 10, and you will see about one per month come out, on average. Prices for the rookie in gem mint have been rising--I think the younger generations remember the joy and could care less about the juice--they're generally going in the $600 range now, but PWCC sold one recently for $999. It wasn't that long ago that a "10" '85 McGwire was a $300 card. Of course, it was $5,000 in 1998, with those that owned one vowing never to sell it! Comeback in the making!

Highest regards,

Larry

Last edited by ls7plus; 10-16-2015 at 05:13 PM.