Thread: Type Collectors
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 05:31 AM
Tony Ooten

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorrister View Post
All you type collectors, what years do you collect, how many do you have, do you have a list you work from and if so, how many are on it.

I started a pre-war type collection a few months ago. 1900-1942. My list is all the type cards listed on the Old Card Board website. I have 89 right now and there are 457 entries on the list. One of these days I'll shorten that list and narrow my focus a bit. So far I've only narrowed it by these parameters: no round cards or pins, must have an actual picture or drawing of a player on the card. I'm still not sure I want to consider many of the larger size premiums as cards.

I also have a post war type collection which only includes topps, bowman, leaf regular issues from 1948 to 1979. My goal was to get at least 3 examples of each issue, and at least 2 of each hall of famer in each decade.
Here are my totals: 1948-1959: 117 cards, 1960's: 109, 1970's: 190. The only card left on my want list from this type collection is a 1957 topps Brooks Robinson.

I also have a Barry Larkin collection (1986-2005) that qualifies as a type collection: currently 1188 out of 2633 on the list. Only work on that one in spurts when I feel like scouring check out my cards or sportlots for cards that I need and are listed at or below Beckett prices.