Thread: AH's at 20%
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 09:43 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I knew about the buyer fee, but a selling fee on top of a buyer fee seems absurd. From a seller perspective the house is already taking their cut with the buyer's fee. Why would I be held to a fee for generating the house money?

I realize the house is making me money, but that is the trade off. You get yours, I get mine. Now you want yours and mine too? No way.
It does seem obscene, I agree. When I was originally shopping for an auction house to sell some of my stuff, I was amazed how many auction houses had something like a 20% sellers fee on top of the 20% buyers premium. That's a huge take. However, there are a number of auction houses that offer 0% seller's commission or even better. I think Goodwin and B-L have standard 0% seller's commission, and there are some other AH's that also have 0. Some others like Mile High and Greg Bussineau, I believe, offer 0% seller's commission and even give you some of the BP back if your lots sell for a certain value. I've never used them before, so I can't vouch for them. The AH's that charge seller's commission typically say that they have more advertising or a better client list so that they think they can sell your stuff for a higher price than the ones that have lower commission. It's up to you to do your homework and make your best judgment there.