View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 01:56 PM
Mike M.

I agree that the 1986 fleer card is a better looking card, but it is not that rare. The Jordan Star 101 is relatively rare compared to demand, like I said in the 90's it was sort of a unicorn. Also It doesn't really bother me personally that PSA won't grade the Star cards, for me it's a non-issue as I prefer BGS graded cards and I understand the reasons that PSA doesn't grade them anymore. I feel that if they really were as counterfeited as the myth's say the pop report would be higher than the 500 or so it's at now. I think that the group of people that are willing to pay the high prices for a Star Jordan feel that PSA is best for Vintage, and BGS does modern best so it's a non issue to them that PSA won't grade them. Just like I'd rather have a Bowman Chrome Trout or Harper RC graded by BGS, the Star 101 graded by BGS is just fine by me. These are all just my opinions so take them with a grain of salt because sometimes my opinions differ from the norm. As an example I don't really see why people are paying as much as a car costs for a 1952 Topps Mantle. It's a great card and I see the appeal but the 1951 Bowman is his RC and if people can justify 40 to 50k for that card why is it so nuts that the Jordan Star 101 can get 10k? In the end they are both just cardboard and the price is set by how much money it takes to get one collector to sell to another at this point.

Last edited by mmier118; 04-19-2016 at 01:58 PM.