View Single Post
Old 12-29-2002, 02:19 AM
Administrator

Default MASStercards joins AAA?

Posted By: Hankron

Lee and James, I hope the complaint is against Bill alone, as the other posts about this item were completely justified. I won't doubt that it's from 1919 and a fine and collectable item. As I already noted, it does have some qualities of premiums and suppliments. In the end, perhaps it was cut from a rare and wonderful premium and I'll be jelous when I later find out. However as the seller and, apparently, the issuer of the LOA don't know how it was issued or what exactly it is (Though the wallflowers of the board won't admit it, I'm sure we would all love to see what it says on that dang SportiCo LOA), speculation is both reasonable and to be expected. Lastly, a premium by definition can't be cut from a publication, which makes James' auction description confusing, at least to me-- especially as there is a wealth of difference in the hobby's eyes between a cutout from a publication and a real premium. I understand that James doesn't know what it exactly is-- that is not a problem-- but some clarity in the decription would have gone a long way to soothe the savage beast that is the Network54.

I may come across as the bad guy here, but my points are accurate.