View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 02:34 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by commishbob View Post
I'm excited for the season, if not my Rangers' chances. I'm headed to NYC for a couple of October games, my first in the Garden since 2005 and only my second since 1970. Already have the tickets for our annual trip to see them play in Dallas.

Leafs look formidable. And since I always root for an 'Original Six' club when my Rangers are toast I'm OK with a Toronto Cup raising. Been awhile.
Nice!

Believe it or not I have only been to 2 Leaf games in my life. My 1st was years and years ago when my bud and I bought scalpers for a Toronto vs Detroit game.
My second was when I took my son, around 7 yrs ago. We had alright seats but we both thought the game was boring as hell.
My son wanted to leave in the 2nd period and I was OK with that but we decided to tough it out to the end. I think he enjoyed the train ride more as it was a pathetic game, which was the norm for the Leafs back then.
I was disappointed, obviously, as this was his first ever NHL game.

The lady who cut my hair today has great seats for tonight's Leaf home opener. She bought the cheapest scalpers she could get as her husband knows someone there who can get them much closer once the game gets under way.
Should be a great game, the Leafs vs the CDN's, and on paper the Leafs should come out on top but since this is the season opener and because of the old rivalry, the CDN's would love nothing more than to spoil the Leafs intro of John Tavares on their season opener night.