Thread: Aaron Judge
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 05:47 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
40 HR's by accident? When did I ever say that? I compared him to a guy who hit 40 home runs 3 times. Scoring runs is an ability that has almost nothing to do with the player scoring them. Yes a great base runner may add a couple runs per year over an average one, and a home run hitter obviously scores himself, but runs scored is basically an indicator of how good your teammates are.

But let's pretend I actually did say he's hitting 40 by accident. I DO know a number of players who did just that. Rico Petrocelli, Davey Johnson, Andre Dawson, Adrian Beltre, Roger Maris, and that's leaving off steroid suspects like Brady Anderson and Luis Gonzalez.

Note that a lot of these guys had power, but the difference between their best season and their second best season is HUGE, so I say it was an "accident," or a fluke.
Now, Scott- I always had hoped I would never see any steroid allegations or rumors linked to Luis, who led the league in Homers here in Columbus, GA while in the minors. I believe he may have 'charged something up' late in his career, but I thought that was what caused his wife to have triplets, not him to hit 57 dingers in a hot, very hitter-friendly park...of course, I could be wrong...Q: Did Boggs and Campaneris juice in their one big year?

...or did it just an anomaly?

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente