View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 11:58 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I'm not defending the Eagles defensive performance as a whole. I'm trying to get you to understand that in a high pressure situation, the only thing that matters is that you performed in that moment. Finishing is what's important and the Eagles D showed up in that moment, which won them the game. You keep talking about everything else that happened up to the moment the game was won as though it mattered more.
They created the high pressure moment by giving up the lead late in the game

If a closer comes in the 9th inning up 8 runs and gives up 7 earned runs, but with the bases loaded with 1 out he gets a double play, sure thats a high pressure out but he created the situation. His team gave him the 8 run lead, thats what is important..not getting the double play. Eventually somebody will hit the ball to a defender. That closer would not be considered someone that 'won' the game.

Any defense would have a high probability to be on the winning side if their offense scores 33 points and the defense doesnt even have to force any punts to win the game and only needs 1 turnover in a situation where they are at a tremendous advantage due to limited clock and only a td beats them

You keep focusing on the end, but how they got there counts. By your logic Brady should be blamed for the loss, not his defense since the patriot defense was not there in the end. If you cant blame Brady, then you cant credit the Eagles defense. Plus the Patriot defense has no blame for the game because they were not on the field in the end. Why retool the Patriot defense when it was Brady's fault.

Patriot defense did force a fg and prevent time running out and get the ball back to to Brady down by 8.

Lets face it both defenses were terrible. We can argue who was better but its arguable and within the terrible category. If the eagles dont get the sack fumble and the patriots score, we are talking 600 plus passing yard allowed and huge last minute choke job (no superbowl team ever gave up td to lose game when drive started under 2 mins). Avoiding giving up 600 yards passing and not choking with less than 2 mins left doesnt give them praise.

Correct me im wrong but no team in a superbowl won the super bowl with a TD when getting the ball with under 2 minutes left. I know there were other strip sacks like with Kurt Warner on the Cardinals.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-07-2018 at 12:19 PM.