View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyinthehall View Post
I haven't looked too deeply into it, but last year I did run pop counts for this series across eBay, Deans, COMC and PSA.

Looking at the numbers I came up with I wonder whether there isn't a third level of quantities - like in the 1967 7th series with something like 5x, 3x and 2x or whatever it was. I can't see any clear breaks which would suggest that it can be divided neatly into 3 4x's and 4 3x's. It seems like a steady consistent upward slope in counts from the obvious lowest (Moeller, Cubs Rookies etc. ) to the obvious highest (O'Donoghue, Hannan, Stigman etc.).

I also saw a lot of incongruities between the numbers, particularly eBay and PSA.

You've gone through exercises like this more than I have, so I'm interested to know what your thoughts are.
I think there are too many confirmed 4x cards for there to be a 5x, 4x, 3x, 3x, 3x, 3x, 3x situation like the 1967 7th Series, but it is odd to me why there are currently 220 listings of Steve Hamilton and 90 listings of Camilo Carreon on eBay if they are both on 4x rows.