View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 05:16 PM
Emlily Ell.is

Thanks everyone for the replies. I've always been against graded, but I thought it was be easier for someone to move down the line when I'm no longer able to deal in cards. I'm going to hold off on graded for now and see where that fiasco goes.

As for pickups, I've made a couple of offers to people on here for stuff they've got for sale. Mostly stars (Mays, McCovey, etc. from the 1950s-1960s). Figured I'd start slow and buy mid range cards.

As for buying in hand, the only I have around here is an LCS. It's about 40 miles one way away, and they sell everything at high BV. I can trade there, but they give 1/3 BV in trade credit. So it would take a while to build up.

Got another question though. Is there any investment potential for 1970s? I've thought about putting those sets together (or buying stars form those years). Both seem to be a bit cheaper. But I'm wondering if they'll ever appreciate. I mean it's nice to get early 1970s commons for 10 cents apiece. But will they always be worth that?

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.