View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Joe Gonsowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28jd View Post
I could think of a lot of games, but probably the one that annoyed me the most was the Armando Galarraga 28 out perfect game. I'd definitely hand Jim Joyce a pair of glasses and explain to him how to tell whose foot touches a bag first. It needs to be repeated often that since that game, Galarraga has a 5-16 career record and he spent this entire past season in AAA. He had a 21-18 career record at the time. I still get mad watching that replay.
Good one John, I watched that game in its entirety and couldn't believe it. I felt he had many good games left in him but he has struggled. My wife and I continue to root for him. Armando seems like a top notch guy in all respects.

Not sure what would top my list, but one card related possibility would be to travel back to the summer of 1888, downtown Detroit, Woodward Ave, right outside the several prevalent cigar and cigarette stores. I'd take my 1887 Coin collection and buy up all the 1888 Old Judge cigarettes they had in hopes of landing a few Detroits. The non-Detroits would be pretty cool as well (maybe some Maroons, Brewers, Omahogs, Prohibitionists, etc). Maybe I'd even get lucky and find the Anson in Uniform or Deacon White portrait "chase card"
- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers

Last edited by Joe_G.; 09-07-2013 at 03:07 PM.