View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 05:14 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Dale,

Thanks ever so much for taking the time and trouble to load up those scans from your dear Dad of his Bee Hive advertising piece and mailing envelope. I find those beautiful artifacts complement our actual cards we've collected, or were given by our father, mother, relative, or friend.

My aim was to contact Wayne Gretzky and sit down with The Great One to discuss this set, which was a favorite of his growing up in Brantford, Ontario.

They concern, of all things, the beautiful Bee Hives, as well as the 1968-69 Shirriff.
As much as you guys enjoy hockey items, you still might not pop for the $30 my e-book on a CD costs. Still, I know you guys would love those parts.

IF PSA would listen to your case and start grading the early BEE HIVES, and finally, assure them of the names of say, 3 deeply serious and knowledgeable Bee Hive collectors, who could serve as trainers and educators for PSA's graders on the Bee Hives.

By preparing a good detailed primer of the Bee Hives on paper, and as I may have said, after they get it and have had a chance to read it, then set up a conference call with Joe Orlando, or whoever from PSA grading will want to hear them out and answer any questions on grading the Bee Hives. This would be a pro-active approach.

This could be a win-win situation for PSA and youse guys. Food for thought.

Don't forget about my book, NEVER CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN. Brian Powell
No problem at all, Brian. I am actually glad you requested scans as I had no idea that info was on the back of that ad!
It was placed in those pgs on top on 2 cards so I couldn't see the back, and just assuming, I didn't think anything was written there?

Wayne Gretzky is actually at my Local Costco tonight signing his new book, http://www.durhamregion.com/sports-s...gning-tonight/ My wife was there tonight, unknowing Wayne was going to be there and she said you could hardly move, and this was around 4pm!
I would love to go and get a copy/signature, but by the time I found out, 5pm, I imagine he'd be long gone by the time I got up front as my wife said the line was growing by the second!

I like the sounds of your E-Book, and believe it or not, I am more of a baseball card collector than I am a hockey one.

I also like your idea about contacting PSA with some people in the know. That sounds like a great idea and one I may look into further.
I tried to contact this fellow to talk, share info but unfortunately, his e-mail address no longer works? http://www.antique67.com/articles.php?article=94

I also plan on going to the Toronto Fall Expo next month. I remember some people there with Beehives but other than my Dad, I didn't look much into them as I was busy shopping for BB cards.

I really appreciate your info and ideas, Brian, that was great of you to do!

Thank you very much!

Dale

Last edited by irv; 10-17-2016 at 05:17 PM.