View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Cataquet (tobeeecat)

Posted By: joe

David Vargha. I sure wish you were my seller. I bought a counterfeit T205 Ty Cobb from ebay id TXSM, Brooks Newell, San Antonio Texas in 2001.
I sent it to SGC and it came back counterfeit, took about 1 month. He would not return my money said 1 month was to long. I called him on the phone and he told me I probably switched the card. He also told me he submitted the card to SGC and he was not satisfied with the grade and removed it from the holder.
This is his description:
The card offered is the T205 Gold Border of Tyrus cobb with Piedmont back. The card has **no creases**no pinholes** or paper loss. Top two corners are sharp the bottom two are lightly touched but come to points as seen on back of scan there is a small amount of border chipping on the bottom of card or it would grade much higher, the back is clean but has age toning. I will furnish larger scanson request as I know these tend to be hazy. Please email questions. buyer to pay S&H in SCD 2000 is $4250 my reserve is less than SCD ex which is $1800. Good Luck.

I contacted EBAY, United States Post Office for fraud, nothing. Don't laugh but I contacted the Judge Judy show as a last resort, no result.

This was an expensive lesson $1185.00. I made a mistake and posted positive feedback when I received the card. I still have the card, and the ebay listings and any other correspondense from this disaster.

Anyway lots of venting, but great pitching for the Tigers today again.

Joe

Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!