View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJJ View Post
What do you think the value of the card is as the infamous 'Cobb-Edwards Wagner'?

(reminds me of The Three Amigos btw, when they say infamous means -very- famous)

The piece has great fame as a 'hobby' piece.

If there were a hobby museum, would it be there?

Value of 2k? if offered at auction accurately?
I'm sure it would actually fetch a great price for a reprint. Not sure anyone would pay $2k for it, but you never know. Some rich person might just to get it away from them and finally put this to rest.

I have posted scans for years of the same exact reprint they are peddling. Not once has anyone ever offered me anything for it and that is with me saying "It is a reprint" over and over. If I'm certain it's a reprint, and someone in this collecting world is certain it isn't, wouldn't you think that person would say, I'll give you $20 for it just to have it, then they could turn around and make up to $1.5mil apparently?

Not sure why people believe that they are being kept down, yet at the same time they say how many people would love to own this card. I don't think that makes much sense. I've done thousands of ebay/Net54/internet transactions and never once have I asked what color the person is I'm buying from or seen a warning that says "Are you sure you want to buy from this person, they aren't white?".

To suggest everyone in the hobby with the means to buy a Honus Wagner card, somehow got together and decided not to buy this particular card, is ridiculous. If they want to stick to that story though, why is it that they also don't want to buy my card either? I'm guessing it is because my one grandmother was part American-Indian...
Check out my two newest books. One covers the life and baseball career of Dots Miller, who was mentored by Honus Wagner as a rookie for the 1909 Pirates, then became a mentor for a young Rogers Hornsby. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CV633PNT The other has 13 short stories of players who were with the Pittsburgh Pirates during the regular season, but never played in a game for the team https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY574YNS