View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 07:38 PM
Michael

I had the chance to purchase a rare signed T206. It was questionable and I paid to have the seller send it in as he promised to sell it at an agreed upon price if the certified it. They turned it down. It got sold to another friend of mine who does much business with the company and they OKed it and slabbed it for him. That pretty much sums up what I think of those companies
It is hard to know what something will bring on ebay as so many people have unreasonable buy it now prices on items they let sit for a year or two. I put my minimum bids at what I thought was below what the item was worth and sold maybe half. many were bought at the minimum bid by companies that will slab and double or triple the prices. That is OK.
One thing I found was if it didn't sell and then I relisted with a very low minimum bid- it often got bid up above the price I had previously listed it at when I got no takers.
It will be interesting when I list 20 nice multisigned cards in a week or so.
The high priced items that didn't sell I will probably hold for trade. Slight chance I will have a friend get them slabbed and relist then just as an experiment