View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 07:38 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseDog View Post
I think this has come up before, one of the things to consider is that we auto guys are, umm, "different", prone to argument about things only we tend to consider important.

If I recall, the memorabilia guys would prefer to let us have our own little corner, and I think most of us autograph guys are OK with that.

I vote keep separate.

While I don't see a problem with the "is it real?" threads, wouldn't one option be to make one threat for such requests and make it a "sticky?"
All good points and things to consider. But as I remember it, correct me if I am wrong, the memorabilia guys were pissed about the fighting back and forth. And with the expulsion of Travis that has gone down a ton. I don't think there is push back from regular discussions. But again, all good points. The thing I look at as an administrator is how much activity does a section get, and if it doesn't get enough does it make the overall forum look stagnant? Two to three threads a day is a fairly stagnant forum, to me. I would rather see the memorabilia side have 8-10 (responded to or new) threads per day than have them get 6-8 and this one get 2-3, from an activity standpoint, if nothing else. Hope that makes sense. IF there is little to no activity it is sort of like everyone watching a tv station which has 2-3, 30-second shows a day on it.

Last edited by Leon; 12-01-2016 at 08:12 AM. Reason: clarification