View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 07:59 AM

Still waiting on it.

I could never justify spending the money for any of the 390583049 redundant high end products but I still happily open boxes upon boxes of Topps series 1 and 2, Heritage, and every now and then some Stadium Club.

The redundant high end products like Dynasty, Diamond Icons, Tribute, Five Star, Museum--they put out some incredible looking cards but year after year they're the exact same. Why would I spend 200 bucks for a pack when I go on eBay and get the one autograph from those sets that I want for 20 bucks?

People enjoy the thrill of opening those and they have quite the following, more power to them!

I'm not trying to sound snide--but is it really that difficult to do the research to find out which cards are Trout's rookie cards? I know there are two schools of thought, the pre RC label and the 'true' RC label crowd but beyond that--what makes it so difficult?

You could hop on eBay, type in 'Trout rookie' or 'Trout RC' and have an understanding of what the collecting world views as his rookie cards-in either school of thought.