View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 11:49 PM
Todd Schultz

Default Well

Eric, its pretty clear to me that you either did not read most of the preceding posts in this thread, or that you don't care.

1. Arod was wrong, as observed by several in the game.
2. There's a very good chance he knew exactly what he was doing. I would bet he did. So would David Wells. So would Ron Darling.
Quote:
If this was say some other pitcher who's had a little more than a cup of coffee in the bigs calling out say Pujols or Jeter, for some obscure unwritten rule that many people weren't familiar with, this would be a different ballgame alltogether.
Bullshit. If conduct is disrespectful, it's disrespectful.
Quote:
I heard this on the radio today and couldn't believe that this guy is still going off on this subject, and basiclly saying he's going to hit A-Rod next time he sees him.
He's answering questions posed to him, not ducking them with cliches buried in doublespeak. And yes, he should drill Arod the next game they play, although it seems he may not
THIS FROM CBS GAME NOTES
Quote:
A's LHP Dallas Braden insists his incident with Alex Rodriguez in which the Yankees slugger enraged the pitcher by walking across the mound is "a done deal for me." Braden said he doesn't plan retaliation when the Yankees return to Oakland from July 5-7. A-Rod had called Braden's reaction the pitcher's "15 minutes of fame." Said Braden: "Every breathing entity in this world has a right to their opinion. If that's his, so be it." New York manager Joe Girardi said he's "not really worried about it."
Quote:
I can't believe he's still trying to stoke the fire here when A-Rod hasn't said anything else.
Arod hasn't said anything else because he knows what he did was wrong, and the next time he apologizes for his conduct (or even hints at admitting he was wrong) will be his first. Of course, dismissing it altogether with a putdown of the kid as someone he'd never heard of is also typical of Arod--you were mentioning something about true colors?
Quote:
I stand by my original assesment and think this guy's a joke.
Fair enough. I'm certain many others here will stand by their original assessments too, as will I'm sure many MLB players when asked for their opinions of the two players.

Last edited by nolemmings; 05-07-2010 at 11:56 PM.