View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 11:14 PM
Wayne Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
Malden and Malone COULD be next to each other alphabetically, although Candy Maldonado might complain.

Heinie & Honus actually are next to each other on the Retrosheet list of all time baseball players, and I'm too lazy to think of non-baseball Wagner's who might sneak in between them with first names that start with "Hi".

But, it's nice to know that they don't pay any more attention to Wagner t206 cards than they do to cancelled checks.

You can help them to make excuses if you choose, I prefer to laugh at their "expertise", and enjoy the fact that "data entry" has the final word on identity.
I can tell you that my father wanted a signed Honus Wagner baseball that was on offer at his LCS, but wanted a third party's opinion before purchasing. The dealer sent the ball to PSA/DNA and it passed and got a cert. When we typed the cert number into their database, it listed the item as a Billy Wagner signed baseball. We thought there might be some sort of shenanigans afoot, but when we contacted PSA/DNA, they apologized for the error and fixed it.

What a joke.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all