View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 10:29 PM

Default Mendelsohn fake or real?...help please

Hi...let me preface this with that any cards I buy that is vintage and ungraded I consider a reprint and bought this card with that in mind close to 20 years ago. I didn’t even remember or realize I had it with the Burgess Nash back until I recently posted it on the Jim Thorpe thread that I’ve been posting my Thorpe collection on. I collect almost solely Thorpe items so when I bought it I considered it a reprint or fake and bought it as a reprint variation that I didn’t have in my collection. It’s obviously been trimmed all the way around. I have started wondering whether it could be an authentic card and best I can tell it might be a Mendelsohn M101-5. I am almost completely ignorant of early cards so other than what I’ve read about identifying fakes from that series I wouldn’t have a clue what to look for. I know the topic has been discussed several times. I’ve never even held a real one but did own a Famous and Barr back of Thorpe that was a PSA 3 but sold it roughly 10 years ago so I don’t even have it to look at. Would anybody enlighten me on the possibility (or not) about this card? Any thoughts would be appreciated! I’ll put one that has not been trimmed beside it to show how much trimming has been done. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk