View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 09:28 PM
Christ0pher C@ssidy

No, not really trying to criticize dealers or anyone in particular. Just questioning, does anyone really respond to these types of posts?

If I was trying to move a large collection, I would likely post some details about the cards and look to talk with several potential buyers who might respond, to get the best price possible. I would guess that there are many members on this website with the juice to purchase entire collections. Would I approach just one board member because they keep a running post indicating that they buy collections? Perhaps, just to get one offer for consideration among many. More likely, I'd have to post and seek several offers, or better yet, consign the entire collection to an auction house in an attempt to get the best price.

On a board like this with participants that are so highly educated on the topic of baseball cards, is it possible that people actually respond to such posts and sell their entire collections by obtaining just a couple of offers from those who promote that they are seeking to buy collections? Maybe, but I would think the odds are slim.