View Single Post
Old 01-09-2024, 11:24 AM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Mike View Post
Thank you, Rob, Greg, and Mark. I’ve been exchanging emails with Greg and will be preparing the formal dispute on behalf of my friend. I did email the seller and stated our position, citing your specific posts in the thread. He replied last night and was cordial, saying that he read the posts, but he still believes the pennant is authentic and a possible “one of a kind” from 1918.

I will post updates re the status of the dispute, and thank you all again for your time, information, and support.

(Buffalo) Mike in San Diego
This person is trying to save the extreme profit they made or the poor decision they made to buy this from someone else. The “1918” pennant in question has all the telltale signs of a repro that others have mentioned. I have personally owned and sold at least 4 different of these original pennants. Your 1918 repro has none of the definition of the originals. Look at the font and the thickness and detail of the “ribbon” around the circle of text. In the genuine pennants they have more detail and you can see some very small “lines” in the screen printing meant to make the edge appear to be waiving in the wind. The “1918” pennant is 100% fake and I’m sorry if the seller is left holding the bag. They should have done better research. Dispute the sale and contact your credit card company if they used one. It’s 100% fake.