View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Default Ebay is getting better on Feedback policies

Posted By: Jim Clarke

Many good points everyone has made. I think I have to agree with Jay on the sellers side. As a seller, you are putting yourself at more of a risk by leaving feedback early for buyers to use that as "leverage" against you. As Gil states "A seller's reputation is his feedback." Granted it depends on what clientel you are selling to... 1887 Old judge compared to 1996 Refractor (which I have 1 case of those for sale if anyone wants them).

Ebay is taking the right steps to not allow bogus buyers to set up new accounts, bid up auctions and then not pay for items. I have left negative feedback before for those non-paying buyers to just be rewarded with a retalitory negative back at me. Then honest customers ask me why do I have negatives?

When I buy cards (husband-of-tammy) I leave feedback after I recieve them regardless what the seller has done for me. This is the way I keep track of what has come in for me and I consider it a done deal. Normally a positive is left for me the same day I leave the feedback. If a problem occurs I imd. contact the seller before leaving feedback to give him a chance to make right without using feedback as leverage.

When I sell truck parts, I leave feedback after feedback is left for me. I wait until they are happy with transaction and this allows me from being at the mercy of the EBAY rookie I described in my opening statement.

The new Ebay policy will allow sellers to give negatives on NON_-PAYING buyers and get them kicked off quicker than sitting back and doing nothing against them. I have about 20 dead beats from the last 90 days I would like to give Nagatives too.