View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 08:08 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

Friday morning when I checked my email, I had notices from eBay that some of the cards I watch had new listings. Three of the four cards I need for my 1952 Bowman Large set had been added! When I checked the listings, all were from Deans Cards. And if you didn't know, this seller takes a lot of heat for listing very over-priced cards.

Months ago, I abandoned my attempt to get these cards at 10% book or less, and moved my threshold to 20% book price or less. Two of the three cards met this criteria, and the third was close enough for me! I checked and double checked my math, believe me!

Normally I would have watched these three cards, and then pulled the trigger when I got an eBay bucks promotion. Not for these cards, I bought them then and there! I need just one more card to complete my 1952 Bowman Large set, #29 Hugh McElhenny RC ("books" NM $250)

First up #99 Joe Stydahar RC and SP. The Standard Catalog NM "value" is $950 and the Buy It Now price $165 or 17.3% book.

Next card #108 Hubert Johnson RC "value" $750 NM BIN price $200 or 26.6% book.

Now #135 Gene Ronzani RC and SP "books" $900 NM and the BIN price was $150 or 16.6% book.

I purchased these cards Friday, and they attempted to deliver yesterday (Monday) but I was not home to sign for them. I picked them up just now from the US Post Office. Cards were shipped for free. Total spent (on these little pieces of worthless cardboard) $515 compared to NM "value" $2,600 is 19.8%.

Larry