View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 07:10 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
If there are 22 PSA 10s of Magic/Bird, and PSA has been grading them for 30 years, you can expect the pop report to increase by 1 almost every year. The other 7 PMG Green Jordans may never show up; only 2 or 3 of them have ever surfaced.
I get that most of the teeth-gnashing is over the fact that vintage collectors don't really understand just how big the modern insert card market is, and how the basketball market specifically is being driven by dot com millionaires all over the world (Japan, Taiwan, Nat Turner, PWCC clientele). Michael Jordan is a worldwide superstar on the Michael Jackson/Elvis level; neither Bird or Magic are.
Nat probably already has his PSA 10 Magic/Bird/Erving in the vault.
#illgetoffyourlawn ;-)
I thought I was pretty clear about the fact that this isn’t a modern v vintage thing. In fact, I don’t think of 1980 Topps as vintage. Im pointing out the importance of the rookie card of two top-5 greats versus an insert.
Your point about the 7 other Jordans being unaccounted-for is huge. That was never mentioned on here before. Those may be lost forever. I disagree with you that a new m/b 10 will pop up a year. That issue is EXTREMELY tough to find in a 10.