View Single Post
Old 02-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Default "Seller Protection"

Posted By: runscott

Is that really all it takes? Scott Gaynor had posted previously, his reasons for discontinuing Paypal acceptance, and also that he felt confident that it wasn't affecting prices realized. I see his point, as even though you lose some bidders who like to use their "found money" (credit card lines), there should still be enough bidders around for most items - non-esoteric ones - that prices will top off at a normal market value.

I like Paypal because it is convenient for customers, but I deplore their "screw the seller attitude". I was considering adding the following to my auctions, but if all it takes is an additional 55 cents, I'll just raise shipping.

"U.S. and Canada only, checks and money orders only - NO PAYPAL. I apologize for having to discontinue Paypal, but their policies greatly complicate the buyer/seller relationship, add additional costs to the seller, and remove buyer responsibility in transactions. Again, sorry about this - if Paypal changes to address reasonable seller concerns I'll reinstitute acceptance of it.

$1.50 s&h, which can be combined with other auction wins (highest price s&h for any single item). Insurance is available for U.S. only, at standard USPS rates (up to $50-$1.30,$50-$100-$2.20,then $1 for each additional $100) Thanks for looking!