Thread: FedEx
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Default FedEx

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

Preface this for those that don't know me.....I work for UPS and own a UPS Store........

UPS and FedEx are about the same when it comes to that. For UPS, they look at the neighborhood and the situation (apartment, covered front porch, etc) and make a decsion--driver by driver to release a package by leaving it. If it is sent signature required, they get a signature. Two options, signature required and adult signature required. Both are $2-$3 extra, adult being more.

A Post Office box at the Post Office is great if you never get UPS, FedEx, DHL or other carrier packages. No private carrier can deliver a package to a Postal facility. Against the law. Plus it hurts the PO's business. Here's the advertisement part........

A post office box at a local UPS Store is a REAL STREET ADDRESS. They (we) will sign for anything from anyone--any carrier, certified, registered mail, DHL, FedEx, UPS, local delivery, etc. Only thing they can't sign for is a restricted delivery which can only be signed for by the person listed. It will cost you more--likely around $15-$20 per month. If the box doesn't fit in the mailbox, they'll usually shelve it for you and put a little notice in your box or they may have an after hours parcel drop box where you can enter a key and pull it out (similar to most post offices). Most UPS Store owners will give you 1 month free with a 6 month rental and 3 with a year rental. Boxes at our store $15 for a small box, so $180 for 12 months with 3 free, so it winds up being about $12.00 per month.

Other benefits include:

Call in Mail-Check where you can call in to see if you have mail in your box. Can't do that at the post office.

Mail forwarding-going on extended vacation? Your mail can be sent to you wherever you are.

Usually 24 hour SECURE access in most locations unlike post office where anyone can walk in right behind you.

Package notification....they'll call you to let you know your package is in.

SO......just my opinion from actually having a mailbox at a UPS Store for about 3 years before owning a franchise.....

STICK TO THE MAILBOX, don't buy a franchise........

http://www.upsstore.com/products/maiandpos.html