Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 03:59 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thank you so much for the kind words, everybody - both in regards to the paintings and about the newborn!! The last month, to say the least, has been insane. Full of joy and wonderment, but insane.

That Clemente was really a lot of fun to do, and a bit of a different kind of image to tackle. In a way, I didn't want Clemente to be as much the focus as the texture of that Ebbets Field wall. To me, that's the most interesting part of the image. All of the impasto and texture doesn't translate super well in the photography, but in the original, I feel like it shines.

Honus was also an exercise in treating a surface differently than I normally try for. That moiré pattern drove me absolutely batsh!t - it was actually the part of the painting that gave me the most trouble. Convincingly duplicating it by hand is RREEAALLLYYYY tough to do, and I wasn't able to tackle it without a stencil. And then making sure it sat back as much as it needed to, and that the size of the dots (and spaces between) were sized correctly and even...just nutty. But I do hope that it translates well in the original and comes across as looking like the card.

Keith, I would love to do another raffle in the next few months or so, but I would be a little worried that I wore out my welcome in the last one. If there are enough people interested though, then we can definitely do another. I think it wouldn't even be for a set figure - I would just paint whatever size the combined raffle proceeds get me to. Or something like that.

If tickets went back down to $10 each, would you guys be interested?

Graig