View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 09:19 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Default Quick photo question for the photo experts

I know there are a number of photo experts here on the boards and I have been wanted to ask about one I have in my possession for 20 or so years. It is not a pre-war photo but an interesting one none the less.

A bit of a background.....As I had mentioned in other posts I had worked for the Chicago Cubs for 7 years in the early 80's and dumpster dove many times. The teams didnt realize the importance of many of their artifacts back then and I even remember the commissioners office sending out a memo near the end of my time with the team to insure teams no longer throw out items that could be considered historical. This picture is a result of one of my dumpster diving events. It is in great shape, no rips or dings and has not been "handled" like many other older pictures I have seen. It is printed on older paper and not the newer glossy stuff I had seen them using when I worked there.

The back has the stamp of Barny Sterling who was the Cub's photographer for many years.

My Question is....is this what would be considered a 1st generation photo? Any thoughts on value? I assume having this autographed would kill any value it might have? I would love to hear any thoughts anyone has on this photo.

Oh..and the player depicted? Yeah, that's Lou Brock!!