Thread: Spahn is gone
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Default Spahn is gone

Posted By: Mike Campbell

Nicest players I have ever met: Harmon Killebrew. Not an unkind bone in his body. He doesn't have the slightest idea, how to be a jerk. Total class.

Tom Brunansky former Twin and Red Sox. Stood and talked and signed autographs for over an hour, before his all star game appearance. It was around 1985. Dressed in shorts, tea shirt. Signed and talked until everybody was taken care of. Not a star, but a class guy. Couldn't have been nicer.

Paul Moliter. Another class guy. A local guy, so he is around quite a bit. Always has time for everyone. Very friendly.

Least Nicest players I have ever met: Dave Winfield. This guy got out of his limo, in a three piece suit, and walked through a group of 10 or 15 kids under 10 or so, did not make eye contact, did not acknowledge their presence, did not shake a hand, brushed them all aside as if he was godlike. It was quite a scene. "he just kept repeating "I'm going to lunch, I'm going to lunch". You had to see it to believe it. An ego the size of the Eifel Tower. Quite disgusting.

Reggie Jackson: I was going through a revolving door with him, and his strap on his handbag got caught in the revolving door. No ones fault. This guy went beserk. Swearing and causing a scene. Again, it had to be seen to be believed. Another ego issue.

Kirby Puckett: This guy had a lot of people fooled for a long time. I won't go into it.

I have met many others but these are the ones that come to mind.