Thread: Spahn is gone
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Default Spahn is gone

Posted By: Dan Lundrigan

Just thought I would share my story with someone famous.He`s not a baseball player but I think it`s appropriate for this thread.About six or seven years ago.My wife and daughter were going to Hasbro the toy company to see my wifes brother.When they walked in Muhammad Ali happened to be there with an entourage of people as they were about to enter a room.The champ saw my daughter who was about 4 or 5 at the time looked at her and walked away from his group walked up to my daughter and with a great big smile gave her a hug then stood up stepped back looked at her one more time bent down and hugged her again.I don`t think he ever said a word he then re-joined his group.Someone from his group gave my wife this autograph "see scan".When I came home from work that day the story was told to me by my daughter who was very excited and said she met the CHAMP!Not knowing what she was talking about I asked who? All excited she tells me HAMMAMID MALI!While I didn`t meet him in person I almost felt like I had after hearing the story.He IS A TRUE CHAMPION!with a big heart and it`s a story I will always cherish and never forget!To me his simple act of leaving the people he was with to stop and take a moment to walk up and hug a small child speaks volumes about the man that mere words simply cannot express.

While I don`t know what to make of all the bible references it`s an item that will always be treasured by my family of that day!