View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
I know all shows are staged, but was hoping at least a little part of American Pickers was real but guess not.
Several years ago I talked at length with an older gentleman at an auction . He was on American Pickers in one of the earlier episodes. If any of you remember seeing the show he was the guy that had the general store and White Castle restaurant in his side yard. The pickers arrived at his place unannounced as they were given a tip from one of the locals that he might have some stuff for sale. The guy told me that the only thing that was staged was when he answered the front door because the first time that they knocked his wife answered. Other than that he said it was like the cameras weren't even there. He said that nothing at all was scripted. He regretted not selling more stuff but said they were great guys.

My family and I also visited their shop in Leclaire Iowa several years ago and talked to the girl that was working that day. Unfortunately it was Danielle's day off but this girl was just as nice. She said that when they're picking the cameras are always rolling but nothing is staged and the guys are just like they are on the show in real life.