View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 09:16 AM
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
Erik, I have used CardSaver Is and have my '53 Topps baseball set (the ungraded portion) stored in them. I actually have the '53s in penny sleeves in the CardSavers....I know that was redundant and unnecessary. I am a little OCD I guess . Lately, I have opted for the toploader/penny sleeve combo, like with my '65 baseball set and this '69 football set. I honestly like both.

I didn't realize how much I like that '69 set until I saw it in person. I am hooked! Looking forward to adding more sets in 2016!
One of the things I like about the 1968 and 1969 Topps Football sets is they had both leagues before they merged featured in the set. Something about having two distinct leagues in one set is cool in my book especially since the leagues merged in '70 and inter-conference play is so prevalent.

I mentioned my future brother in-law at the time gave me about half the set when I was 10. One thing he did was write "N.L. Football" at the top of Bart Starr's card and "A.L. Football" at the top of Namath's. Needless to say I had to upgrade those two cards.