Thread: 52 mantle 10
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 05:16 AM
Matthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty77 View Post
Yeah, that's just nonsense...it's what happens when a journalist who is not an expert in what they're writing about misunderstands something they've been told and then words it in a way they shouldn't, and then b/c they wait until the last minute and so are always in a rush to meet their "editor's deadline", that they don't do the extra diligence of having it copy edited by someone who would have the experience to say, "uh, that part doesn't really make sense; that's got to be smoothed out"--basically, most any of the hundreds/thousands of us on the most popular forums...

I suspect what was meant perhaps is that someone familiar with the other two is claiming in their opinion that the other's may have some tinsy flaw like a single dot of snow or something, where as this one is claimed literally flawless, but any such determination would be even a degree more subjective than PSA's analysis already is, since it's not like PSA has any subcategory or rating higher than Gem that they keep track of or report.

Ok, that’s what I was thinking. There was a second there where I thought I might have missed something big since returning to collecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk