View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 08:20 PM
Bill Gregory

Bryan, I hope you don't mind if I piggy back this thread, because we're looking for the same thing, though I think the way we're ultimately going to go about doing it are different.

I am developing my own website. I taught myself HTML and CSS about ten years ago, and I'm going to start brushing up on my coding this week, as I haven't been keeping up with the changes that have come out since the WC3 adopted HTML 5.0 as the web standard. After I have the essentials down, I am going to be coding all the pages to the site by hand. I'm very old school. I write my pages in Notepad ++. The only thing I want that I won't be writing is a super high quality image gallery that I can upload to my website. I have looked at a few that have come close, but most of them are plugins to a Word Press template. That's an option, and I could ultimately go that route. But I think Wordpress is a bit restrictive. You basically get a two, three or four column layout.

Boring.

I have found several sites that I've liked while browsing the web the last few months. Certain elements that I'll be able to deconstruct and emulate once I have the HTML 5.0 mastered. But I would love to create a home page that almost has a gui feel to it. The image gallery is the one place I want to have a rigid structure, at least right now.

Does anybody have suggestions on awesome image gallerie software I can directly upload to my own server? I do not want something like Imageshack, or CollectorFocus. There's nothing wrong with them, but they don't fit what I need. I like complete control. I don't want the same format 5,000 other people are using.

Thanks!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.