View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 07:25 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Default More about my Babe Ruth autographed photo:

Last weekend, I won a Babe Ruth autographed photo in the Oldin Auction. It was described as:

BABE RUTH Single Signed 4”x5” Photo – PSA/DNA GEM MT 10 (JSA)
Presented here is a stunning photograph signed by Babe Ruth. This vintage photograph shows the inimitable Yankees slugger standing with a group of nine women behind a stack of cardboard boxes. The Babe is beaming and clad in a jacket with a large “ALL AMERICANS” patch. This photograph measures 4 x 5 inches and it has been encapsulated by PSA/DNA. Ruth has signed this photograph in bold black steel-tip fountain pen. PSA/DNA have graded Ruth’s signature an impeccable GEM MT 10 (8411489), making this photograph an instant centerpiece in any baseball collection. Additionally, this photograph comes with a LOA from JSA (X75131).

By the way, where is the ninth woman?

I found what I presume is a copy of my photo in and earlier REA auction, described as:

Circa 1943 Babe Ruth Signed Photo
Babe Ruth was an American icon whose contributions to the country were not limited to his exploits on the field. This original candid wartime photo (4-7/8 x 4 inches) captures Babe Ruth standing in front of a pile of boxes, flanked on either side by group of women. Ruth has magnificently signed the photo in black fountain pen (grading "9") in the foreground. A vintage ink notation on the reverse reads, "Thoughts from Home pkgs, for men in service." This photograph captures Ruth, who is wearing a patriotic "All American" jacket, donating his time to a group of World War II volunteers who were sending care packages to servicemen overseas. The photo has a very minor tear in the upper left corner, as well as a number of light corner and border creases. Very Good condition overall. LOA from James Spence/JSA.

Can I assume that my photo is just an additional take from the same photo op and that the autograph is therefore legit?

Here is the Oldin followed by the REA:

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 11-06-2018 at 07:32 PM.