View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Default Uniform question for Dan B....

Posted By: Dan Bretta

I've never found a single photo of a Lincoln player wearing that jersey - either home or away, and I looked very hard when this jersey first appeared on ebay last year. A seller in Portland sold two of these jersey's last year and said they came from a longtime Midwest collector. One of the jersey's he sold he said the elephant patch was a reproduction...when he sold the second jersey he never made mention of any reproduction. I had an email conversation with him about having never seen that style of jersey used in Lincoln and he said he was just going by what he bought it as. Well this current jersey is one of those jersey's that was purchased off of ebay last year...the seller told me he got it from the seller in Portland.

As far as my research goes the Athletics usually just handed down old major league jerseys to their minor league clubs....especially to Class D clubs like Lincoln. Connie Mack was very thrifty.. Every photo I've seen of the Lincoln A's (1947-52) have been the generic A's jersey.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket