View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 11:19 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Johnny Winter....

I got him in person in Vermont shortly before he died. He played Higher Ground in South Burlington and invited each person who waited after the show into his little camper or trailer and he sat and signed for each of us. He signed 2 baseballs for me and I think they are unique as his manager said he does not think he has ever signed baseballs but he said he did sign a bowling ball once!?!? As Johnny was signing the balls (his eyesight was very bad) and he was shaky, he actually swore a bit and said the f-word a few times to the tune of "I hate signing things that are round!!!" I was laughing inside and half afraid he was going to throw the balls at me! He smiled after and wished me a good night. He also signed my ticket to the show and slid a pre-signed little photo card of himself to me! Incredibly gracious man. Oh and by the way, there were only about 10 folks lined up after the show which I still do not understand. Vermont can be a weird place sometimes! Good for me and autographs though!

Peace, Mike

Last edited by vthobby; 08-15-2015 at 11:20 PM.