View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 08:50 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
In my last post on this thread I mentioned that I had looked at the backs of 6 cards from the set. I have since looked at another 20. All reference 1948 stats. Still far from every card in the set but it makes it hard to argue this was a 1948 issue when stats are showing from that season. I suppose an argument might be able to be made it was a 48 and 49 set is any of the other backs reference stats from the 47 season. Would not make a heck of a lot of sense for a card co to release a set, at the end of the calendar year, after the season concluded...Winter is a long time for baseball fans.

Hi Chase

You make a great point here. And, anyone with modicum of common sense would realize this.

Furthermore, I can add this fact to the argument.....LEAF launched their 98-card Football set in the Fall of 1948. The 1st series of 49 cards were available in October - November.
They issued their 2nd series in December. There is NO WAY that they could have produced the BB set in that timeline. The 1948 Football set was very popular and LEAF was busy
printing tons of FB cards.

Thanks Chase for your very astute input to this conversation.

And, thanks to CMIZ5290 for your compliment.

TED Z

T206 Reference