View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderfinger View Post
I believe your ticket is from 1934. There is curerntly a ticket on eBay that the seller claims to be from the first game of the 1934 Finals series against Detroit. The ticket is from a Game 1 played at Chicago Stadium. That would mean it could not be ticket from the Finals as the first game of the series was played in Detroit. Assuming that the tickets were assigned numbers based on which home game it was in each city, that would make the stub from the first game played in Chicago that season which was against Canadiens. The ticket was printed by the Ansell Simplex Co. and the cost was $1.75 for a Mezz. seat.

Your ticket is probably from the first game played in Chicago in 1934 which was also against Candiens. Yours is printed by the Arcus Ticket Co. and the cost for a Mezz. seat was less that the one on eBay. It makes sense that the cost of a ticket would be less four seasons earlier.

To be sure, you need to find ANY ticket from the 1934 or 1937 season and see who the printer was. The same printer would have printed regular season and Stanly Cup tickets. I grew up in Chicago and know the Hawks always used the home stadium numbering system. There are always stubs available for "Game 8" of Stanley Cup series played in Chicago, which proves the numbering was sequential for the entire playoffs, not just for a series. I don't know if this is still the case, but in the 60s and 70s, when I grew up in the Stadium, that's how it was done.

Either way, you have a stub from a preliminary round game played againt the Montreal Canadiens in March of either year. I would suggest, based on the lower cost of your ticket, it is from 1934.
Thanks Ray
Appreciate it