View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 06:50 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
If you're selling an altered card and describing it as such, then kudos to you. But you can't worry about the next guy down the line. You're not responsible for their actions.

It would be no different if you were selling an Ex/Mt card as such and the buyer micro-trims it and sells it as NM-MT. Or if you were selling a VG card with minor paper loss on the front (that would otherwise grade NM) and the buyer recolors the paper loss area and sells in as NM.

You can only control your actions, not others. Don't sweat it. You're doing the right thing.
Thanks all for your thoughts. While I realize I'm not responsible for the next guy I do feel that auction houses and dealers should be stewards of the hobby in general. Call it enlightened self-interest, but if every seller turns out to be a piece of shit, the hobby won't last long. But if there are enough of us (and I'm taking liberties including myself in the group of auction houses and dealers as I am very small-time) who refuse to pass these cards on, maybe we can make a difference.

Especially good points about the legit cards being sold and then altered. Hadn't looked at it from that standpoint. Obviously there's nothing I can do in those instances. I see the difference as being those cards were legit as they passed through my hands, as opposed to cards that have already been monkeyed with before they come to me.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 09-03-2019 at 06:52 PM.