View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
I put all of my ungraded cards right into toploaders and then an old shoe box. I purchase all my supplies from a local card store. I am a bit OCD about my collection, and want to make sure every card has a holder that fits it perfectly. Plus, I am not a huge fan of having extra card holders laying around.

I like the ultra pro penny sleeves. I haven't used any for oversized cards yet--actually had no idea they were available--but that seems like a good way to go as it cuts down damage if/when you remove the card from the toploader.
I'm about as OCD about my collection as you can get.

I originally started out by storing my Bowman Chrome autographed prospect cards in Ultra Pro one touch magnet cases, 35 pt. Then I started hearing horror stories about cards sticking with screw downs, and became worried that the 35 pt might not leave enough room for the card so the autograph would not be damaged. So I got about 40 of the 55 pt one touches, and started switching them. Well, I did some more research, and have found that the 35 pt are pretty safe for my cards, so now I'm in the process of switching back to the 35's.

My chief concern with the top loaders (and team bags) is that they can be bent. Sometimes I find I have two left feet, and I don't want to accidentally bend an expensive card.

I'm sure I'll get my system down with the help from the net 54 members, then I'll start sharing my collection. I'm going to be scanning all my cards (old and new), and uploading them to my website.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.