View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 12:37 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

When I was a kid, I always talked my mom into buying wrestling magazines every month when I would go shopping with her. Some of the guys I never got to see as a fan living in the Northeast seemed larger than life in the Apter mags. One guy that really stands out as an example is Mil Mascaras. When I finally did get to see Mascaras in person a couple times, it was a bit of a letdown compared to how he was portrayed in the Apter mags. Once I was an adult and the Internet became a thing, it was revealing to learn that Mascaras was portrayed in such a way in the Apter mags because Bill Apter was a fan of his.

It also surprised me at least somewhat how often I read online from people outside the Northeast how disappointed they were in seeing Bruno for the first time after reading about him for years in the magazines.

Conversely, I found Dusty Rhodes to be every bit as charismatic and entertaining as the magazines portrayed him to be.

Last edited by Bored5000; 05-08-2018 at 06:54 PM.