View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightmanCometh View Post
I've been reading threads and I've noticed that there are many set collectors on the board and I wonder how focused are you? Meaning, do you buy cards from other years/sets or do you buy only for that particular set?

I'm a huge Braves fan and I'm in the process of collecting Topps base cards for every Braves player, from '51 to today. I rarely buy cards/collectibles outside of that specific aim, but when I do it's based solely on the look of the card or the collectible; I'm working on cultivating a baseball theme for my office, focusing on the worldwide appeal that is our beloved game. Right now I have japanese cards, venezuelan cards, some bobbleheads, pennants, magazines/scorecards, and autographed baseballs/cards.

So, how many of you are only focused on your set and how many of you collect your set, but buy other cards/collectibles that have nothing to do with the set you're trying to complete?
I am a set collector, and it is a never ending task because I constantly update. I have a favored set from each era and generally work on those. And yes I buy other cards & sheets that have nothing to do with the set I am working on....keeps it fun

Z