View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Default Amazing Autograph Find - Need Help With It Please

Posted By: Josh

Well, the day finally came... I work with all senior citizens and I make it a point to mention my sportscards and memorabilia collecting, and my client today showed me this.

Now, I can identify 4 of the players... Cy Young, Roger Bresnahan, Connie Mack & Topsy Hartsel
I don't know the other two and cannot find them in the player registry. My client said he believes the last one was the manager of the Toledo Mud Huns in 1943.

The guy told me how he got it also... May 14, 1943 at a father/son banquet at the Monroe Street Methodist Church in Toledo, OH. The event was sponsored by the Toledo Mud Hens. He was 14 years old at the time, he's 76 now.

He also has a miniature bat made by Krens, called a Krens Special with Toledo Muds Hens on the barrel, which he also had signed by Cy Young at the same event, but the auto's were all in pencil, and the Young signature on the bat is barely legible. Really only the Y from Cy and the NG are clearly legible.

Anyways, I asked him what he planned to do with them down the road and he didn't think anyone in his family would even know who the players were or appreciate the auto's. I asked him if someone offered him some money for them, would he consider selling it, and he said he would certainly consider it. How much is something like this piece worth? I'd certainly make him a legitimate offer for it, it is a beautiful item with unquestionable authenticity. What about the mini bat with Young's auto in the state that it is in?

Any help greatly is appreciated.