View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 08:19 PM
Bill Gregory

Just an oversight, especially since I'm about 15 pages short of finishing Pitching in a Pinch. I've been re-reading it for a little over a week before trying to going to bed.

What can I say? Insomnia, and the five different medications I'm on are screwing with my head big time. When I was typing out the list, I thought to myself the first two pitchers on it would be Johnson and Mathewson. My best guess, when I split the list of best players into the two categories, I just deleted Matty from the list of hitters, and forgot to put him in the second one. I've had so many other names on the list (Ed Walsh, Warren Spahn, Steve Carlton, Nolan Ryan, Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez), I probably forgot somebody else obvious, too. I'm trying.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.