View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 08:38 AM
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackaJackKid View Post
So decent/good looking cards graded 1s with a pinhole can now be assessed at the high end level for their grade. I guess I better get with the program. Lol

“High End” to me rypically refers to the most expensive example of all examples. But when you categorize by grades I guess anyone can call anything they want.

I just wouldnt feel right saying I had a high end example of a card when it’s recieved the lowest numerical grade. To each their own.
Would you feel right saying you had a high end example of a card if the flip said 7 or 8 and it cost a ton, yet it had tilt or was OC or had a weak corner or a focus/registration issue? Because a card can certainly be the most expensive based on its flip and still exhibit those eye appeal flaws— which to those who stress the card over the pricetag, would not make it the highest end example.

Unless you think both of those Shoeless Joe Jackson CJs are equal cards in all respects, there certainly is a spectrum within each grade. Some call it the high and low ends. The market readily acknowledges that all 1s are not the same by the prices they command, and so collectors simply follow suit in terms of language.

Last edited by MattyC; 04-01-2018 at 08:45 AM.