View Single Post
Old 08-02-2002, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Default Official Board Question of the Week

Posted By: David 

Elliot didn't object (of course, I didn't ask), so I'm taking over. As a change of pace for all the cat fighting, I pose the following 'secret pleasures' question.

This board is all about Pre-War baseball cards, and we all pooh-pooh inserts and memorabilia cards and stuff like that. The question is, what out of the ordinary for this board items do you collect? Thing that are other T206s or T3 Turkey Reds or whatever, and things that other board members are unaware of.

And make sure to answer this thread, so I don't look stupid. Otherwise, I will have to post under a variety of names to make myself look popular and influential.

My answer is as follows: I've always liked the 1955-60 Armour Coins, and want to get the 'Honus Wagner' Daley. I remember BMW offered about a year ago the coolest two-toned coin. I also like 1920s-30s Hollywood Promo Photographs, Bela Lugosi B-Movie memorabilia (though all his movies were B), Hal Roach Productions(movie short producer) memorabilia, Syd Barrett and specific rare rock memorabilia, and I have a strange but unapoligetic fascination with tea cups. I also have a fascination for personal items that belonged to famous people, whether they are baseball players or otherwise famous.